Our History

The Woman's Club of Royersford began in 1914, when a group of public minded women met in the public library room in Latshaw's Hall (today that building is the home of Downtown Restaurant). They met to organize an auxiliary to the library. The purpose of this organization was to aid the library financially, uplift, educate, and promote sociability among the members. Mrs. Henry Graber became the first president of the group. Always with the needs of the library foremost, the Woman's club also embraced community projects of every kind and on occasion demanded it took on projects of National and World-wide scope.

In 1916, the auxiliary became affiliated with the Pennsylvania Federation of Women's clubs and the follow year joined Montgomery County Federation. At this time, emergency activities arising from World War I, were added to the Civic and local program. The auxiliary became the Woman's club of Royersford in 1918; and in 1919 the Club colors, blue and white, were chosen, as well as the motto "We cannot all serve alike, but we can all serve well". In April of 1919, a Health and Welfare Committee was also formed.

In 1921, the Club Chorus was formed under the leadership of Mrs. P.M. Stover. The Club Chorus entertained publicly and locally until Mrs. Stover's death in 1944, when it was disbanded. Another chorus, under the leadership of Mrs. Darwin Buckwalter, was organized in 1953.

In 1931, the Woman's Club of Royersford presented pin oak trees to the new Royersford High School upon it's completion. Many of these majestic trees are still standing on the property which is now Spring-Ford 8th Grade Center.

In 1939 and 1940, the Woman's Club of Royersford received nine citation for outstanding club work in Montgomery County.

During the years of emergency, the Red Cross committee did most outstanding work, including the conducting of classes in Home Nursing, First Aid, Sewing Canning, Surgical Dressings, and sponsored the Blood Mobile.

The Welfare Committee continued to expand its interests and included the Well Baby Clinic, the Community Nurse, immunization against Diphtheria, Chest X-Rays, Stop Cancer Campaign, provision of food, clothing and fuel for the needy, and dental care for pre-school age children.

It is impossible to list all the worth while things that the Woman's Club of Royersford has done in the organization's 107 years of service!

Some of the other projects of the Woman's Club during its first 40 years of activity were:

    • Donated to Public Playground and Community Kindergarten
    • Gave school prizes, awards, and scholarships
    • Took tours to many places of varied interests
    • Has contributed to every Civic cause
    • Helped buy Band Uniforms and Instruments for the High School Band

Many more things could be added to the above list of services to the community! In 1954, the membership of the Woman's Club of Royersford was 122.

Mission Statement

The Woman’s Club of Royersford is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the people of Royersford and the surrounding area. We offer social, educational and community service opportunities enabling members to make a difference in the lives of others. Founded to support the Royersford Public Library, we continue to be committed to literacy and promoting the written word.

Club Colors & Motto

Club Colors:

Blue & White

Club Motto:

We cannot all serve alike, but we can all serve well.

Our Officers

President: Pam Mertz

First Vice President: Kristina Logan

Second Vice President: Kathy Hydier-Straub

Recording Secretary: Scharde’ Rodriguez

Corresponding Secretary: Linda Spivey

Treasurer: Dolores Gilbert

Parliamentarian: Coleen Pontin

Communication Chair: Louise Plush

Board Members at Large:

Sandra Mull
June McGinn
Katharine Nelson
Lorraine Pickell
Sue Smith
Rita Wanner
Ann Marie Wesler

Have any questions?

Send a message and we will get back to you shortly.